Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Y-City Mile run by us Old Folks!


We are ridiculous!

The Zanesville 'Team Godspeed' Y-City Mile Run was held on Saturday, September 3, 2011. Lyle and I decided we would participate for West Muskingum's Cross Country Team. It was a very warm, humid evening. Even walking I sweat! Lyle finished running his mile in 6 minutes 40 seconds. I walked/ran mine in 8 minutes 10 seconds. The big highlight of our evening was winning our trophies! Sense any sarcasm? He won a third place in his age category, and I won a second place in mine. Had I known there was a contest going on amongst the old ladies I'm sure I would not have allowed myself any walking time (although I NEVER run)! Sadly, we didn't have any family cheering us across the finish line. Maybe that would have helped us finish a little better! It was fun and the team won $400.00!

2 comments:

aclark said...

I'm so proud of you two! Those are pretty awesome times!!

Melanie said...

You are a good daughter to say so!