Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Day Sean Has Been Anticipating and I Have Been Dreading Has Arrived

Today Sean begins his two-year mission!  Of course it is something I want him to do.  He has been planning on it and is extremely well-prepared.  Sean has always had such a great attitude.  He is obedient and faithful.  He is excited to learn Spanish and to serve the Lord for two years.  He is smart, and he is a hard worker.  Sean has been a great example to friends and family.  He has so many talents to share.  Sean paid attention in Seminary and he was a great participator (I know 'cause I was there!).  He has studied the Book of Mormon.  He has a very strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He will be an amazing missionary.  I'm just going to miss him.  I enjoy spending time with him, as I have all my children.  I love the conversations we have.  Things will be a little lonely.

Pictures of good-bye......
 Ashley is cutting while Tanner is giving Sean a lesson on how to do it himself!
 Too cute for words!  Averi, Kendyl, Elle, Camryn, Hudson, Elder Clark, Nixon, and Brooklyn
 We all attended Sean's Setting Apart at the MTC with President Nally!  A very special experience!

 At TeraMia's for a quick lunch!
 Adorable Averi
 Dig in, Hudson!
 Grandpa, Ryan, Tanner, Lyle, Camryn, Brooklyn, Sean, Matt, Katie, Elle, Averi, Kendyl, Nixon, Nic, Melanie, Steffani  (Grandma, Ashley and Hudson were on break outside)
 Nixon, Camryn, Kendyl, Elle, Brooklyn, Averi
 Lyle and Tanner
 Me and my mother
 Camryn and Great Grandpa Schenk
 The hugs begin..... and he went all the way around the group!



 Grandma Schenk and Sean (holding Averi's missionary card!)

Hudson has no idea that he isn't going to get to see Uncle Sean for two years!

After lunch Lyle, Ashley, Hudson, and I took Sean back to the MTC to check in and begin his service.  He smiled.  I might have cried a little.  We drove back to Ashley's house in silence.

We sat around and wondered what Sean was feeling, thinking, doing, and then finally decided after a few hours of that we needed to get busy.  So we went to the Lindon Pool where they have the surf rider and tried to take our minds off of other things.  We included:  Tanner and his friend, Chase, Ashley, Hudson, Lyle, Brooklyn, Camryn, Kendyl, Averi, and myself.  I didn't have a camera, darn.

No comments: