Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Grandparent's Day at Nashport Elementary


Cooper Fuhriman, the tall guy in the orange t-shirt, invited me to be his grandma at grandparent's day today. I have gone before with his brother, Tate, too. I love the opportunity. They sing songs and we have a treat (this morning it was orange juice and a muffin). We visit for a while and then take a tour of their classroom. He is in first grade. It was fun to be there with him, and he told me thank you for coming. His mother, Rachel, told me that when Cooper found out it was going to be grandparent's day, he told his teacher that his grandparents live out of the country (they live in Idaho and Utah), but he said that he had a kind-of-a grandma here that could come with him - only she didn't look like his grandma.

No comments: