Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Y-City Mile

Last Saturday was the 'Y-City' Mile in Zanesville. The organizers want area schools to sign up as teams, compete against each other, and win prize money! We had to have a 'mascot' run. The mascot should be the fastest runner on the team. For every participant that you have on your team that crosses the finish line, fifteen seconds are deducted from your mascot's time!
I thought that our soccer team should enter the race. I approached our coach and got his approval and support, then I really encouraged our boys and girls soccer teams along with their parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, and neighbors to come and participate! It is a fun community event that promotes fitness and school spirit, right?! There were a total of 776 runners/ walkers registered for the event. We ended up have 86 runners/ walkers sign up from our team! I was so pumped. We won first place and received a check for $1670.00.
I am very sad that I don't have any pictures to share (how could I have a camera in my hand along with the car keys and Sean's IPod when I walked/ran?), but I do have times to post:
***Sean finished 9th overall with a time of 5:05.
***Lyle finished 3rd in his age division with a 6:40.
I finished!!! It took me exactly 9 minutes. I'm not a mile runner that's for sure!
It was lots of FUN!

2 comments:

aclark said...

Sean's going to be recruited by the cross country team if you're not careful....you know how charming their coach is!I'm so impressed with all of you! Good Job Clarks!

Jill Schenk said...

HOW CAN YOUR SCHOOL BE SO LUCKY TO HAVE THE CLARK FAMILY LIVE THERE??? DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'D DO WITHOUT ALL THE SUPPORT YOU HAVE ALL GIVEN THEM THE PAST ___? YEARS. SO PROUD OF YOU ALL. xoxo MOM