Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Zanesville is on the Map!

I don't have any photos to post, darn it! I haven't seen any of the 48 - 80 exotic, wild animals that are roaming about in our neck-of-the-woods. I sat out in my hot tub last night wondering if I would see something creeping into my yard.
I heard about the incident last night while I was at a superintendent's advisory network meeting at West Muskingum High School. I thought there were maybe 6 animals on the loose. I knew the deputies were out hunting them. I mentioned it to Lyle when I got home. We both kind of ummm-hmmm'd it all. Then this morning at an appointment, I caught the Today show, CNN, Fox News, .... and heard there were 48 animals, schools were closed, warnings were given to stay in homes, and it is national news. WOW! What a great way to get your name out there! It was fascinating to listen to everyone's take on this while I was working out at the gym, you know, with my geriatric gym friends.
We are safe and unscathed by this, we think!

1 comment:

aclark said...

It was also on The View! I had just told my Sunday School kids last week that I was from Zanesville and today I got 4 texts from them telling me they had seen the news! How funny, but it really does break my heart for those poor animals who were living in crappy conditions and then killed bc of some arrogant human and his need to have exotic animals that he obviously couldn't take care of.