Thursday, March 17, 2011

Les Miserables

An anxious Sean and Mom!
In the exquisite Ohio Theater!
Sean with Madame Thenardier

Les Miserables - the new stage version - came to the Ohio Theater in Columbus. I have anxiously awaited its arrival since November!
The ladies at the office gave Lyle a ticket for his Christmas present. Lyle and I gave Sean a ticket for his 18th Birthday present. I just got a ticket because... I'm spoiled!
We had a such great time. We thoroughly enjoyed some fabulous Japanese Steakhouse food before the show and then had a spectacular time listening to and watching all of the amazing talent on stage!
Sean listens to the Les Mis music on his Ipod all of the time. He has sung some of the songs (note November post). He was inspired!
The staging was so incredible, but we really were impressed by the 'sewer tunnel' scenes and the Javier Soliloquy - jumping into the river! What they can do!
Every time I see this I am taken back by Victor Hugo's understanding and presentation of Justice versus Mercy.
Lyle told the ladies in the office the next day that if they died without seeing Les Miserables, they had not lived! I whole-heartedly agree! Yvonne went to her computer and bought herself and her husband a ticket for the next night. She thanked Lyle later.

No comments: