Saturday, April 16, 2011

Enjoying Hudson!

Such a precious bundle! He is adorable!
Our first meeting! I hoped I could get there before he left the hospital, but Ashley only stayed in the hospital for a day - almost not even 24 hours! She was 'done with the place'. So they went home on Monday, April 4, and I got there Tuesday morning.
Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma Clark with Hudson, Ashley, and Kendyl.
Brooklyn likes this baby.

Ashley is such a beautiful, fantastic little mommy!
Saying goodbye.
Baking cookies with Camryn and Brooklyn. They were really good at it!


I just got home from Utah and an enjoyable time with that adorable Hudson and his terrific mom and dad! Not surprisingly they are fantastic parents! I am so impressed with how perfectly they have transitioned into parenthood! It seems very natural for them. He is a very lucky little boy! I spent hours holding and cuddling that baby who reminded me so much of my own (I guess because of his tiny size, his hair, his long fingers, and the way he moves and stretches). I also had a lot of fun visiting with Ryan and Ashley's great friends, Scott and Kristen, who are allowing Ryan and Ashley to live in their upstairs until they can move into their own home. Kristen is taking good care of Ashley! Knowing that made it easier for me to leave.

Of course, I loved spending time with Nic, Steff, Brooklyn, Camryn, Kendyl, & Tanner and his friend, Danielle, as well.

An added bonus was an evening spent with my mom & dad (who drove from Idaho to see their newest little great-grandchild); Leslie, Kyle, Nichole & Chris; Sheri & Tom; Karen & Derek; Michael & Yvett. We called around last minute and decided to have a little pizza party get-together at Nic and Steff's home for anyone who could make it. We sang happy birthday to Michael, Kyle, and Leslie. Wish everyone else was close enough so that we could have grabbed them too and sung happy birthday to Laurie as well. I took zero pictures during the evening - and am so mad at myself for that!

Grandpa and Grandma Clark made the trip to Bountiful one day so that they could also meet Hudson.

It was hard to leave, but knowing that I will be back in a few weeks when Steff has her baby, made it a little easier!

2 comments:

aclark said...

We loved having you here! And Hudson misses his nana already.....but I guess we can wait a few more weeks..and then we'll be there a few weeks after that!

Unknown said...

It is much easier to have Nana leave when we know she'll be back soon! You really do a GREAT job with your grandkids, they certainly do love you. Thanks for taking care of me for a couple days. Can you tell I've fallen apart mentally and physically? Haha, we'll see if it gets any better once child #4 gets here....